Repairing Drywall Damage

May 22nd 2000
Repairing Drywall Damage

Dear Shell,

I have taken off some wallpaper and border. Some of the drywall paper stuck to it. How should I fix this surface so that I can paint over it and it look normal?

Thanks, Tony

Dear Tony,

1. Clean area by using 1 cup Fleecy Fabric Softener mixed with 1 quart hot water.
2. After rinsing apply 1 coat of Weldbond Wood Adhesive to damp area where the paper came off.
3. Patch with light weight spackling compound.
4. Lightly sand with 180-200 grit sandpaper.
5. Prime with Alkyd Fast Dry Primer
6. Paint with Kitchen and Bath Paint.

It's just that easy.

Shell Busey