Repair Your Aggregate Concrete , in a Few Easy StepsMay 24th 2007
Q: We have a crack in our aggregate-covered driveway. We tried to patch it with concrete and acrylic but it has loosened again over the winter. Any suggestions for a dedicated fix-it-yourselfer?
1. Clean out the crack and remove any loose concrete and previous repair material.
2. If crack is more than 1/8' wide, pour dry sand down into the crevice and fill it to approx. 1/8' from top.
3. Dampen the area with water using a spray bottle.
4. Using a poly-urethane caulking, apply a bead along the crack.
5. Using a damp paint brush, texture the bead of caulking to rough it up and make it blend in as much as possible.
6. Sprinkle loose sand into the wet caulking to give it a concrete colour.
It's just that easy.