Deck Contractor Check ListAugust 8th 2016
Families are starting to take advantage of their outdoor living spaces so now is the time to inspect your deck for possible repairs and/or maintenance. If you have a vinyl deck in need of some repair work, please keep the following tips in mind when qualifying a deck contractor:
- - How long has the contractor been in business?
- - Do they supply a warranty on the product and their work?
- - Do they understand the changes to the 2005 National Building Code, and how it pertains to decking?
- - Do their products and installation methods meet the applicable codes?
- - Do they have proper insurance?
- - Can they supply you with referrals and before and after pictures of their work?
- - Are they a member of any construction-based affiliations?
- - Has their product been around to sustain or surpass its warranty life cycle?
- - Have they been factory trained to install the product?
- - Have they answered all your questions and/or concerns?
Completing this checklist before choosing your deck contractor will ensure there are no unwanted surprises down the road, and will allow you to enjoy your deck for years to come.
For more information regarding vinyl decking, please check out www.duradek.com.