Recover that Sundeck - March 20th 2002
I have a plywood sundeck and I was wondering what I could use to recover it. The previous owner used what looks like a type of deck paint that is kind of rough to the touch. Anyway it is starting to come up on the seams and I need to redo it and I am unsure of a good product, and if I should try to strip the whole deck or just the problem areas.
If you are a do-it-yourselfer:
1. Remove all loose material and repair any plywood rot.
2. Clean deck with Shell Busey’s Home Cleaning Formula and rinse well.
3. Apply WeldBond Adhesive as a primer over any raw plywood areas.
4. Fill to a level finish-using floor leveling cement.
5. Apply Do it yourself Vinyl available at most major building centres.
It’s Just That Easy