LIVESMART BC EFFECIENCY INCENTIVE PROGRAM UPDATE - April 8th 2011
Effective April 1, 2011: to participate in the program, homeowners must complete a follow-up Energy Assessment within 18 months of their initial Energy Assessment or before March 31, 2013, whichever comes first.
- Homeowners can receive more than $7,000 in rebates for energy saving improvements and equipment.
- Up to $1,500 for exterior wall insulation, up from $400.
- Up to $1,200 for basement insulation, up from $500.
- Up to $750 to install attic insulation, up from $310.
- Up to $70 per window, door and skylight replacement, up from $40 each.
- Up to $500 to replace a supplementary heating system with a pellet burning appliance, up from $250.
- To access the rebates, homeowners must hire a certified energy advisor to conduct an energy-efficiency assessment prior to and after making any eligible improvements.
- The rebates vary by region, typically 25 per cent higher in the Interior/Northern region for improvements to insulation and draft proofing windows and doors.
- Homeowners are encouraged to use certified installers to improve the quality and value of the work, with a new $100 rebate for heating systems installed by a certified professional.
- If you have already had an initial (pre-retrofit) assessment but have never had the upgrades and follow-up audit completed you must have a new pre-retrofit energy efficiency assessment to be eligible for the rebates.
- If you have already participated in the program and received rebates, you are not eligible to participate in the new program. HOWEVER IF YOU MOVE YOU ARE ABLE PARTICIPATE AGAIN.
- Pre-Retrofit Audit Cost to homeowner = approximately $150 ($150 subsidy from Provincial Government)
- Post-Retrofit Audit Cost to homeowner = approximately $150.
LiveSmart BC: Efficiency Incentive Program: LiveSmart BC or call toll-free 1-866-430-8765