July Garden Check-Up - July 5th 2005
- Prune annuals to promote bushiness and more blooms.
- Deadhead roses, annuals and perennials to promote more blooms; water well.
- Cut herbs for freezing and drying.
- Continue to feed gardens and container plants.
- Water hanging baskets and patio plants at least once a day.
- Lift daffodils and tulips for curing.
- Thin grapes.
- Harvest raspberries and strawberries; remove unwanted. strawberry runners; remove plants that have cropped for three summers.
- Don't fertilize lawn. Summer heat stresses the grass.