Get Rid of Weeds with this Homemade Vinegar SolutionJune 1st 2009
We receive a lot of requests for a homemade weed killing mixture that really works to get rid of weeds without using chemicals. However, it is only recommended for driveways, sidewalks and patios. If you spray it on weeds in your lawn, you're going to kill the grass as well and create a big ugly brown spot.
Mix the following ingredients together:
- - 4 cups (1 Litre) of white vinegar
- - 1/4 cup (50 ml) of table salt
- - 2 tsp (10 ml) of your favorite liquid dish soap
- - Combine these ingredients in a spray bottle
- - Spray it on your weeds in the direct sun on a bright sunny day
Depending on how wide the cracks are you may want to consider filling in the gaps using a Foam Backer Rods available in different diameters.
- First clean out the crack and wash with Shell Busey Home Cleaning Formula.
- Place the backing rod down into crack 1/8" from the surface.
- Apply Weldbond or concrete adhesive over the foam backing rod.
- Allow to cure for 1-2 hours.
- Then apply Polyurethane caulking (gray or concrete color) into crack crevice so it sticks to both sides of the crack to prevent weeds.
- Sprinkle dry sand over caulking and brush excess off using a paint brush.
- Allow to cure for 12 hours before using area.
The end result will look like a real mortar grout joint.
It's Just That Easy.