My husband built a beautiful baby cradle for our first grandchild. He finished it with Behr Polyurethane Clear Gloss Interior Fast-Drying Ultra-Hard Clair Lustre. After three weeks there is still an odor of the finish. What can we do? I have had Deodoroc sitting in the cradle. I hope we didnít choose the wrong finish. The cradle is made of Oak-plywood. Thank you for any help you can give us.
You chose a urethane solvent-based product. My choice would have been a water-based Urethane i.e. Minwax water-based urethane or Flecto Varathane Diamond finish satin which is non-toxic. These products would be compatible with what you have applied.