Pacific National Exhibition 2011 Prize Home
September 12, 2011
The Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) Prize Home was once again constructed by Britco
, a member of the Manufactured Housing Association of BC
. The house features the latest in construction technologies and was pre-constructed in Britcos factory then transported to the PNE site and quickly installed. The Britco name has been the long standing builder of the PNE homes and now for the 10th year in a row, this company that specializes in modular construction was selected to build the 2011 prize home. Using factory-built Modular Technology means that buildings can be constructed in highly controlled conditions for superior quality control and sustainability. After the prize is awarded, Britco, which has designed and built the modular PNE home for more than a decade, will disassemble the six interlocking sections, each weighing 10 tons, and truck them one by one on specially built low-boy trailers to the homes new location.
Benefits of Manufactured and Modular Built Homes
When you choose a design-build modular approach you get the benefit of a more efficient and environmentally friendly construction process as well as greater cost certainty and superior quality. Because site preparation and in-factory manufacturing take place at the same time, a modular approach results in a significant reduction in the construction-to-occupancy timeline.
The house features the latest in construction technologies and was pre-constructed in Britcos factory then transported to the PNE site and quickly installed. Using factory-built Modular Technology means that buildings can be constructed in highly controlled conditions for superior quality control and sustainability. It features many energy saving features such as high-efficiency heating, windows and lighting and includes a whole house central air-conditioning system. Here are a few of the key features for the modular home.
- 10 foot ceilings on the main floor, the house includes a large functional kitchen with all of the latest in appliances and custom millwork with room to cook up a storm.
- Wine storage shelving has been incorporated under the stairs.
- A large dining room with a huge table for those large get-togethers with family and friends to enjoy conversation, food and wine.
- In addition to the spacious deck areas, the house also has an outdoor covered living area, fully furnished to enjoy outdoor living in the shade or shoulder seasons and includes a large stone covered fireplace.
- A large and fully decked-out home theatre with stepped seating, full-size projector screen and amazing sound system for enjoying various media.
- An entry area mud room with nearby powder room, laundry and built-in millwork bench for footwear and coat storage.
- The upstairs Master Suite incorporates an over-sized luxurious bath, a dressing room with custom built-in millwork by California Closets and a huge master bedroom with fireplace opening up on to large deck areas to enjoy the light, view and outdoors.
- The upper floor also features 2 additional bedrooms with semi-ensuite, an office work area and access to the outdoor upper decks.
- Additional house features include a secret room under the stairs for additional storage, a garden gazebo with hot tub and garage with added storage and work space.
This years flooring choice, installed throughout the main floor of the PNE prize home is Karndeans Oak Premier; colour, Sundown Oak from the Art Select Range. Oak Premiers six stunning colors are inspired from various times throughout the course of your day with the warm amber hues of Dawn Oak all the way through to the dark relaxing tones of Midnight Oak. As with all of Karndeans flooring, Oak Premier presents homeowners and businesses with a floor that is beautiful, hard wearing and easy to maintain, without the need for refinishing or varnishing.
Oak Premier is another exciting addition to Karndeans premium Art Select range. It is the perfect option for those consumers looking for a more resilient and water resistant floor than they would find if they chose a wood or laminate one. Oak Premier once again demonstrates Karndeans commitment to producing innovative products. Based on the natural look and feel of this collection, Oak Premiere will enable many more people to have a beautiful hand carved look to their floor, but with none of the practical drawbacks.
Karndeans goal is to make functional stylish. To define your space, match your needs and define your style, explore the six unique ranges that define Karndean. To locate your local retailer or for more information visit www.karndeancanada