HouseSmart Featured Member, June 2009-The Furnace Company-Edmonton
June 9, 2009
The Furnace Company is a Edmonton-owned business which is committed to quality service, workmanship and old-fashioned values. They’ve also been the trusted Heating and A/C member for Shell Busey’s HouseSmart Referral Network in the Edmonton region for over 4 years. Serving any home within a 50 km radius of Edmonton, the Furnace company works hard to keep the heat in homes outside the city limits as well.
Recently The Furnace Company moved to its new location, at 8545 Coronet Road, and with that expanded location, They’ll be ready and equipped to handle the increased demand of Edmonton’s growing population for years to come. ‘Installing and Servicing Furnaces, Air Conditioning units, Water Heaters, Tankless Water heating Systems, and products that promote ideal air quality in the home.
The Folks at the Furnace Company are taking many steps to help our environment.
1. Efficiency level of their new building, from high-efficiency furnaces to the r value to the windows.
2. Use of fuel efficient diesel vans when possible.
3. Recycling of all metal from customers' existing systems.
4. Recycling of copper from air conditioning jobs.
5. Recycling of all cardboard and office paper.
6. Switching to environmentally friendly 410A refrigerant 2 years before it became mandatory.
7. Reclaiming refrigerant in a proper manner so there is no release to environment.
8. Selling more high-efficiency furnaces in the Edmonton area than most other dealers.
Congratulations to the Furnace Company owners, Darek and Lisa Makowski on your new location!
Visit the Furnace Company online at Thefurnacycompany.com
Tip from Shell Busey!:
It’s important to have your furnace or heating system serviced by a qualified service company once every year. Summer is really the best time to do this as heating contractors aren’t as busy.
Check your furnace filter. If the filter accumulates regular household dust and is not replaced regularly, your furnace has to work harder to pull the air through the duct system; shortening the life span of your furnace. Clean or replace filters monthly during the heating season.
Have the chimney checked each fall before you use it. A build up of creosote and soot can be very dangerous and check chimneys for obstructions such as nests.
It’s Just That Easy!TM