Project of the WeekMay 1, 2006
Cleaning Exterior Siding and Decks:
Although spring cleanup may seem like a major chore, cleaning your decks, driveways and siding are great projects to complete early in the season. All you need to get started is a garden hose, a low pressure sprayer, a long handled brush and a quality exterior cleaning product. Shell Busey's Home Cleaning Formula, available in powder form can be used for all outside cleaning projects such as; concrete, decks, siding, fencing, asphalt, vinyl decking, stucco and eaves troughs etc. For removing green algae and black stains, follow the instructions on the container. (Just add required amount of water and use)
WEAR RUBBER GLOVES AND EYE PROTECTION
1. Mix ingredients together as stated on the bottle.
2. Wet surface with hose.
3. Wet down all plant life.
4. Never wash any exterior surface in full sunlight.
5. Flood over surface or spray on with low pressure sprayer (garden sprayer).
6. Let sit approximately 3-5 minutes.
7. Scrub with stiff broom or brush.
8. RINSE WELL WITH CLEAR WATER TO LANDSCAPE AREAS
When cleaning siding, start at the bottom and work up to the top, using a round type brush on a long pole, rinsing as you move upward. If vinyl or wood horizontal siding do 2 - 3 rows at one time.
DO NOT use on windows or any type of glass. Clean windows using CV9 Window Cleaner available at most Windsor Plywood and Home Hardware Building Stores.
Other uses for Shell Busey's Home Cleaning Formula:
Bathroom - Ceramic Tile walls, Floors and Showers
Mix 1 leveled lid full into 2 litres of warm water
Apply with spray bottle Scrub with sponge and rinse well
Preparing surfaces for painting use Medium duty mix (as stated on bottle)
Preparing deck surfaces for stain use Heavy duty mix (as stated on bottle)
Washing oil soaked cloths or work overalls use 2 lids of formula per wash load.
For information on where to locate Shell Busey’s Home Cleaning Formula or CV9 Window Cleaner, call your local Windsor Plywood Or Home Hardware Building Supply Store or the distributor, Twin Maple Marketing 1-800-663-8898.
- Many ways to keep out UV danger - The Province, June 16th, 2013
- Chimney repointing pointers - The Province, June 9th, 2013
- Concrete facts will ensure summer project succeeds - The Province, June 2nd, 2013
- Use smarts around asbestos - The Province, May 26th, 2013
- Tips to get new life out of your old deck - The Province, May 19th, 2013
for more certified home service providers
We are happy to be a drop-off location for Ruben's Shoes.
Date: April 9 2013
6TH ANNUAL SUMMER SIZZLE RIDE FOR TYPE 1 JUVENILE DIABETES
Date: June 21 2013
Every Sunday @ 10AM PST - Watch and listen to Shell in studio answering your email questions!
Date: June 23 2013